Friends in Action Clubhouse welcomes participation from our community! Here are a few ways you can help – but we are always open to new ideas!
1. Transitional Employment Opportunities
Partner with Clubhouse through our Transitional Employment program. You provide us with 1 or .5 FTE at your business. We will keep that position filled by a member. You’ll benefit from always having a reliable worker in hard-to-fill positions, Clubhouse members benefit by learning skills, gaining confidence, and building their resume.
2. Volunteer Your Time
- Do you have a special talent such as baking, crafts or musical talent? We are always looking for community members with special gifts to share with us through workshops or activities.
- We welcome help with our annual art show and sale. You can submit artwork, help with matting and framing, cleaning glass – the opportunities are endless!
- Trivia night is another fun way to help Clubhouse. You can solicit donations, help develop the program or simply volunteer to help the night of the event.
The Clubhouse uses donations in various ways to assist members on their recovery path.
4. Donate Equipment/Supplies
If you don’t need it anymore, Clubhouse will take it off your hands. Or if you would like to dedicate a piece of new equipment to Clubhouse, we are happy to accept newly purchased items. Please email Clubhouse to discuss our needs. We will be happy to arrange for pick-up or set up a delivery time for you to join us at Clubhouse.
5. Serve on our Advisory Board
The Clubhouse Advisory Board is comprised of individuals who represent the community professionally, ethnically, geographically and culturally -- all with an interest in mental health. The primary responsibilities of a board member are to network with the community to increase awareness of mental illness, raise funds for the Clubhouse, serve on subcommittees, partner with employers to nurture transitional employment placements and help recruit local leaders to serve on the board. Meetings are held a minimum of six times a year. Subcommittees are formed for each major fundraiser and are time-limited.
If you can help, email Clubhouse today!