BJC Behavioral Health offers a variety of ways to assist you in accessing the service that fits your needs. Some of these are listed below.
Behavioral Health Integration: The Behavioral Health Integration (BHI) virtual service, which includes Behavioral Health Navigators and Qualified Mental Health Professionals (QMHPs), acts as the front door for telepsychiatry consultations in 13 hospitals across BJC.
QMHPs are licensed staff, including registered nurses with at least 3-4 years of psychiatric experience, social workers and counselors who have a mental health background in crisis assessments. QMHPs can:
- Determine the level of care for a patient in crisis
- Provide comprehensive virtual assessments
- Communicate with hospital treatment teams, patients' guardians and support systems, when appropriate
- Make recommendations for the level of care
- Provide resources and safety plans to patients
Telepsychiatry provides consultation and then recommends the level of care, medication adjustments and may start the patients on medications. Telepsychiatry communicates the recommended level of care with the QMHP and ordering provider.
Behavioral Health Navigators triage orders for QMHP, help find inpatient psychiatric placement and provide connection or re-connection to community providers.
BHI staff are in the following hospital emergency departments 24/7 and also on inpatient floors 7 days a week from 7 a.m. - 9 p.m.:
- Alton Memorial Hospital
- Barnes-Jewish St. Peters Hospital
- Barnes-Jewish West County Hospital
- Christian Hospital
- Memorial Hospital Belleville
- Memorial Hospital Shiloh
- Missouri Baptist Medical Center
- Missouri Baptist Hospital Sullivan
- Northwest HealthCare
- Parkland Health Center - Farmington
- Parkland Health Center - Bonne Terre
- Progress West Hospital
- St. Louis Children’s Hospital (emergency department only)
Call Center: Access Crisis Intervention (ACI) accredited. Please call us for resources or information on the services we provide.
Behavioral Health Urgent Care: Located on the SSM/DePaul Campus.
BJC BH partners with SSM DePaul to provide an urgent care/walk-in clinic serving youth and adults.
Hours of operation: 9 a.m. - 7 p.m.
Monday - Saturday
Address: 12355 DePaul Drive, Suite 150, Bridgeton, MO 63044
- Adult Emergency Room Enhancement Program (ERE) and Hospital Community Liaison (HCL) working in 9 hospitals' emergency departments taking referrals for those in crisis. HCL works in 7 hospitals receiving referrals for inpatient units for those who require outpatient mental health services.
- Community Behavioral Health Liaisons (CBHL) work with law enforcement, jails, courts and hospitals.
- Shelter Outreach Services (PATH), or homeless outreach for the hard-to-engage individuals in our community, is a member of the St. Louis City Continuum of Care and is supported by state and federal PATH funds. As a member of the Continuum of Care and PATH provider, Shelter Outreach participates in HMIS, whose Privacy and Security Notice is available here.
- Disease Management 3700 (DM3700) receives referrals from the Department of Mental Health (DMH) for those who have mental health diagnoses and medical issues.
Therapy Services: Offered to adults and youth needing therapy or evidence-based therapy, including Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT), Cognitive Behavior Therapy (CBT), Trauma Informed Therapy Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) and others.
Deaf Services: Mental health case management, counseling services including Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) and Telecounseling for adults and children who are deaf or hard of hearing. We accept adults and children in the eastern region, including St. Louis City and County, Jefferson, Franklin, Lincoln Warren and St. Charles Counties. Telecounseling is offered to all Missouri residents.
Community Services: For adults and children engaged in one of BJC BH's services, we provide entitlement consultation and assistance in signing up. We also provide an employment specialist who assists clients who are searching for a job.
Healthcare Homes: A Healthcare Home is a “whole person” approach to delivering health care and education, which includes managing a full array of physical and behavioral health needs as well as long-term community care services and supports. Healthcare Home focuses on wellness and prevention of illness and disease while enabling our clients to focus on their health potential. This team approach, with the Healthcare Home Nurse, has been shown to improve chronic health conditions and wellness.
For additional information, visit the Missouri Department of Mental Health website.
Clinic Nursing Department: BJC Behavioral Nurses work collaboratively with all departments to promote your health and wellness on your mental health journey. Our clients have an array of services available at all 4 locations. Nursing provides ordered psychiatric injections, ordered labs by BJC Behavioral Health providers, prior authorizations for psychiatric medications and assistance with psychiatric medication refills.