The mission of BJC Behavioral Health (BJC BH) is to improve the mental health of the people and the communities we serve. As an administrative agent of the Department of Mental Health, we provide community-based mental health services for seriously mentally ill adults and seriously emotionally disturbed children and youth. We target our services to specific counties in the greater St. Louis and surrounding geographic areas.
- Our North, Northeast and South sites are responsible for Service Area 23, which includes the entire St. Louis County area.
- Our Central site is responsible for Service Area 25, which includes the central and southern section of St. Louis City.
- Our Southeast site is responsible for Service Area 17, which includes the counties of St. Francois, Washington and Iron in Missouri.
BJC Behavioral Health is responsible for serving as the gatekeeper to the public mental health services system and providing services to the following populations:
- Adults with serious and persistent mental illnesses
- Children with serious emotional disturbances
- Persons in acute psychiatric distress
- Forensic populations