BJC Behavioral Health is a 501(c)(3) charitable organization with a long history of serving our most vulnerable citizens. As a community mental health center, BJC Behavioral Health (BJC BH) provides integrated physical and mental health services for adults and children in St. Louis city and St. Louis, Iron, Washington, and St. Francois counties. We are a member of BJC HealthCare and an Administrative Agent to the Missouri Department of Mental Health (DMH) serving as point of entry for people eligible for public mental health services. We have locations geographically distributed throughout the region.
- The majority of BJC BH clients have incomes that fall well below the federal poverty level of $11,940.
- The general income of most clients who have been deemed disabled is just over $700 per month or $8,652 per year.
- Food stamps help supplement by offering approximately $125/month or $1,500 per year.
- Food stamps are restricted and do not allow for the purchase of hygiene items such as toothpaste, deodorant, mouthwash or toilet paper.
- Most of our clients do not own cars and rely on public transportation for all their daily living activities.
For more information about donations, call 314.206.3712.